- This Policy sets out Leasepro’s approach to the use and dissemination of personal information other than information collected in the course of providing legal services for a client or any employee records or employee information. By “personal information” we mean information or an opinion about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable from such information or opinion. In this document “we” and “our” refers to E-Legal AU Pty Ltd t/as Leasepro Legal. Our client confidentiality and privacy obligations are set out separately in the individual written agreement for legal services entered into with respective clients. Such obligations shall apply in relation to information collected in the course of legal services for a client.
- Leasepro will routinely receive and store personal information entered onto our website or provided to us directly such as by email or by phone.
- Leasepro may use personal information collected from you to provide you with general information or commentary and in the case where a written agreement for legal services is subsequently entered into, to better assist you in the course of providing such services. We may also make you aware of legal services or legal documents or products. We may use your personal information better understand your needs.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our personnel, contractors, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, subcontractors, governing body or regulator, in the course of giving effect to any of the purposes set out in paragraph 3 of this Policy or our administration or compliance activities or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement. We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Leasepro, its clients, personnel or third parties. If there is a change of control in our business or the corporate entity comprising Leasepro, or a sale or transfer of business assets of ours, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases and our files and records together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in the same. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- By providing Leasepro with personal information, you consent to the terms of this Policy and the types of use and disclosure covered by this Policy.
- Information that we collect including personal information may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia. The website operated by us at leasepro.legal is hosted by a major foreign corporation and accordingly information including personal information, entered onto our website or provided to us directly such as by email, is likely to be transmitted and stored outside of Australia. Personal information may also be processed by our suppliers and their personnel operating outside Australia including but not limited to, in the United States of America (US).
- You acknowledge that if you submit any personal information for publication through our website or otherwise, such information may be available, via the internet or otherwise around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
- Leasepro is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Leasepro shall have no obligation to provide you with personal information or other information that we hold about you.
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practice, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to- [email protected]. We expect to respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you come to our website leasepro.legal we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our website, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Our website leasepro.legal will from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement or approval of these websites and no representation is made as to the reliability of such sites. Please be aware that Leasepro is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
Last updated: 7 April 2020